Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hit a Deer!

Ok, I am as nervous and flustered as I have ever been. Tonight after Jake's tutoring we were on our way home. I had an uneasy feeling as I was traveling across black bear creek and I slowed from 70 to about 50 miles per hour. Jessi was in the front seat, Jake and Josh were in the back seat. I saw him about I don't know 30 yards (I'm really bad with distance). He was in the middle of the road headed north. I slammed on the brakes and pulled clear over on the shoulder. Of course the damn thing turned around and ran right at me. I hit him on the shoulder I think. It busted out my lights on the driver side and put a dent in my door. And a dent on the hood that isn't bad. Jake was crying, Jessi was laughing, I was freaked out. If I hadn't had that feeling and slowed down, I think I would have hit him straight on and probably had him through the windshield. He had a huge rack of horns. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. Thank God my kids are OK!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we cook him for the Thanksgiving dinner?

Bengi said...

No someone must have already picked him up. He wasn't there this morning. He had a huge rack and someone said people would stop and pick him up for that alone.

chadandkimi said...

OH MY!!! How scary & glad you all are okay. I know the feeling - anytime I have a near-miss car accident, my knees feel like jelly & am all trembly...

I did laugh at the part that Jessi was laughing & you were freaked out! :)