Monday, November 10, 2008

Thanksgiving Family Dinner

What do you all think of pot-luck for Thanksgiving?

Since this is our first year to host & since I am the least experienced at all the Thanksgiving staples, I would hate to disappoint & be fired from hosting! I also think it would be fun for everyone to be involved in the preparation in some way...

...SO, unless there are unanimous NO's posted on the comments, let's plan on the following assignments:

MENU
Turkey (~20 pounds)...........................Chad
Ham (~5 pounds).................................Bob
Dressing (~2 baking dishes).................Mom
Mashed Potatoes (~10-12 potatoes)......Jessi
Gravy (~1 batch).................................Abby
Sweet Potatoes (~2 baking dishes)........Bengi
Macaroni & Cheese (~1 baking dish)....Tim
Broccoli Casserole (~1 baking dish).....Brady
Green Beans (~2 steam-in-bags)..........Brandon
Baked Peaches (~2 baking dishes).......Kati
Cranberry Salad (1 bowl).....................Grandma Mim
Cranberry Sauce (2 cans, jellied).........Grandpa Jay
Rolls (~3 dozen)..................................Kimi
Olives (2 cans)....................................Jenni
Soda (sufficient quantity).....................Jake
Ice (~2 bags)......................................Josh
Cheese Ball & Crackers (appetizer)......Cade


DESSERTS
Pumpkin Pie..............................Bengi
Pumpkin Pie..............................Kimi
Pecan Pie.................................Kati
Mincemeat Pie (w/o meat!).........Mom
Apple Pie..................................Grandma


I am just GUESSING here at quantities! PLEASE respond if I'm forgetting something or under/over-estimating anything. You are welcome to bring the groceries & prepare your item at my house or bring fully or partially prepared. Please let me know what you will need & arrive in plenty of time to prepare your item. Also let me know if you want to "switch" your assignments. :)


YEA...I am sooo excited!

3 comments:

Kati said...

1. Who voted to let kimi be in charge of "rolls"?
2. Bengi do you want to make chilli or should I?

Just kidding!!!!!

I am excited as well! We got our invites today in the mail! Did you realize that your name is no where on them. I had fun with Abby because she could figure out who they were from!

chadandkimi said...

LOL - yes, I was trying to make you all laugh with the rolls assignment. :)

oh, that's perfect that our name wasn't on them...it really isn't about who is hosting; it's all about who is there!!!

chadandkimi said...

OH! I forgot deviled eggs...change Cade's assignment to Deviled Eggs!