Saturday, October 10, 2009

Camden finally gets to meet GREAT-Grandma Mim & GREAT-Grandpa Jay!

After a productive Friday with Chad's help at home & a decent night's sleep, I sent Chad to Norman to enjoy at least one tailgate & football game this season, and I headed to Enid to finally take Camden to meet GREAT-Grandma Mim & GREAT-Grandpa Jay.

Grandma was just thrilled to hold & rock & cuddle & coo our little Camden. Camden is her 13th or 14 great-grandbabies, so she definitely has the touch! He really doesn't ever just cuddle up on anyone's shoulder when he is fussy, but she had a way to get him to settle in. *awww* So sweet!

BUT seeing the tears in Grandpa's eyes when he got to hold Camden... *gulp* These are the moments I'll never forget.

So those weren't the only times I was choking back tears during our visit:
  • When Cade spilled his chocolate milk on their carpet while I was nursing, I wanted to cry.
  • When Grandma & I were 'fighting' about which of us shouldn't be on the floor cleaning it up... really!
  • When Cade knocked over the glass tree and the glass vase 2 times on their glass coffee table... Poor Cade, he really was good while we were there. It's just that, as I told Kati, I felt like a bull in a china 'shop'. (How is THAT, Abby?)
There isn't much I can think of to take to entertain Cade for very long at their house. Fortunately, he loves going for a 'ride' with Grandma. Thankfully, she (acts like) she loves doing it. The basket under her seat works great for some make-shift basketball, too. He also gets a big kick out of using their pole-grabber-thingies, too.
I just hope they use a full bottle of Lysol & Clorox wipes on EVERY surface after we go. :(


Here's the other funny thing: I had to take a picture of all the stuff I was taking for our day's outing. Actually, I thought I did pretty well, but it did take 2 diaper bags: one with all the basics & the other for major problems.

I think, though, I'm passing my over-packing habit on to Cade. He needed two stuffed toys, two sport's gear (football/helmet/jersey & baseball/glove), two movies (we watched neither), colors (he didn't do that either), & snacks (we didn't eat those). :)

Okay, I had to insert some humor for you, it really wasn't too bad at all. Camden slept in the car all the way both ways, & Cade slept part of the way both ways, too! Although I'm sure even if they had both screamed the entire time, it would've still been worth it. It was a great day & an awesome trip.

No comments: