Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer Swimming


Today we had Tim's mom and sister's birthday get together. We had dinner at Jeri's. Then the kids and I came down to our house to swim. We had purchased the volcano this spring but hadn't got it out till this weekend. They love playing on it.
Jessi had her first major science project due on Tuesday. It was to make a cell. She came up with the whole idea. Her dad helped her glue the detail items in her styrofoam ball cell. I think she did a great job.


We are getting ready for a weekend at Yogi Bear's Campground at Lake Eufala. It was really funny. This morning I was looking at the website and saw that it said water and sewer available. I paniced. You know how my camping consists of cable TV and all the luxuries. I wasn't going to stay in a site without even water! Actually Tim and I had discussed it and it would be fine. I called to confirm our reservation and asked them about it. Fortunately, our site is one that is equipped with water and sewer at the site. Whew!!!! Ok maybe I am a camping snob!


We are really looking forward to it. Since buying the "coach" (Tim gets mad when I call it a trailer), we gave up quite a bit of outdoor awning space. I wanted the bigger bedroom slideout for more room inside but in exchange you loose area outside under the awning. We were at Walmart and found one of those stand alone shade deals that has a screen room that will go around it and also a wind blocking canvas sides so it's almost like a tent if you want. I'm anxious to get it up and try it out.


I have been working on food for the weekend. If anyone has any good ideas for something to cook let me know. Right now I'm planning on the hamburger, hot dog, and steak route but it would be fun to do something different.


Hope everyone has a great week!


Love Ya


1 comment:

TravelinGranny said...

OK, I have been watching the blog from the beginning. I have seen everybody's picture except:
Bengi
Kati
Brandon
Abigail
What's up?????

I am missing EACH one of you so VERY MUCH!

Mom