Sunday, January 4, 2009

I figured it out!

I figured out where Tim is taking me for my birthday! I had been asking questions everyday since Christmas. Tim promised not to lie so some times he was evasive with his questions. I had confirmed it was not a cruise and not in the state of Florida. He assured me it was in the lower 48 states and I did not need a passport.

Friday night I was sitting at the computer and the kids were playing price is right wii game. Jake was bidding on a showcase that was describing a week stay in Napa valley. First time I had thought of that one. I went in to the bedroom and Tim was asleep. I thought good he'll be a little droggy and maybe I can get more info if I wake him up. I asked if we were going to Napa Valley and he said no. I asked if there were wineries around and he said maybe. So I was a little bummed because I have always wanted to go there and I thought what a perfect trip. But he had promised not to lie so I came back out to the computer. About 10 minutes later I heard him coming through the kitchen and I figured he was just coming out to spend some time with the boys playing wii. He had two books in his hand and he said "I promised not to lie. We are going to Napa Valley for your birthday." I immediately started jumping up and down like a child getting a new puppy. He got on the internet and showed me where we are staying in Calistoga which is in northern Napa Valley.

He was a little sad that I figured it out so soon but now we can do research together to decide where we want to go.

Kimi I noticed you had some pics from there on your website. Any suggestions would be great!

Mom I know you never plan too far in advance but I would love it if you would come stay with my kids. We are leaving on the 3rd of May and will be back the 9th I think. I am already working a couple of other angles so no pressure. I just think this would be memorable for the kids too. They usually have field trips this time of year and you could go with them. These are the kinds of things that make awesome memories! Just think about it. I wasn't sure when you left to go back to India in the summer.

Anyway now I'm super excited! Can't wait for May!!!!!!

4 comments:

chadandkimi said...

Woo-Hoo!!!
That is a perfect get-away for your birthday - how awesome!
(I kept forgetting to ask you about the Christmas poem hints.)

I loved our trip to Napa, and I want to go back. I definitely have recommendations for you:
1. Stay as long as you can!
2. Only buy the wines that you LOVE.
3. Buy twice what you figure of the wines that you love.
4. If you are flying...Any winery that will ship to OK, do it!
5. Consider a guided tour of as many wineries in Napa. That way you can stop in at all the popular, must-see ones & also figure out which ones are a waste of time & which ones to go back & spend time/money on your own.
6. Plan for a driver. Hey, maybe I'll be pregnant by then...I'd be a perfect designated driver to take along :)
7. DEFINITELY recommend Peju winery. Smaller, family (vs big, commercial, well-known) winery with very friendly staff & our favorite of all wines ever. I DEFINITELY will send money with you for a case of our favorite two wines.

hmmm...I'll post more as I think of it...


YEA, I'm excited for May, too!!!

Bengi said...

So did you have trouble shipping wine back? Tim has been reading on it and I'm afraid we will have to send it to Kati's.

Kati said...

We will take it!

Bengi said...

Ha! Ha! That is what I'm afraid of!