Sunday, February 8, 2009

Jessi is a teenager!


Well apparantly it is starting to sink in that my oldest daughter is soon to be in (less than two hours) a teenager. I have been weepy all night. I don't know why. I guess it is because it seems so grown up like she is passing into a new time. She has been so grown up for a couple of years now. I know she won't change over night but for some reason it is bothering me.


We are tentatively planning a cookout at the pond next sunday afternoon. She wanted to invite her friends and family and have a campfire. I think if it rains enough tonight we are going to try to do that. I'll let everyone know for sure.


2 comments:

chadandkimi said...

Happy Birthday, Jessica!

Like everyone, I can not believe my baby niece is 13. I am so proud of her & so excited for all the amazing things in store for her.

ENJOY the teenage years...they can be so hard but really are some of the best days in some ways...in other ways, the best days are still a long time away... For now, enjoy living for free off your parents, laughing hysterically with your girlfriends, spending time with your SISTER and your BROTHERS who really do think you are the coolest person in the world, being in a school that cares about YOU with teachers dedicated to YOU, spending QUALITY time with your MOM, enjoying one-on-one time with your DAD, hanging out in your bedroom completely BORED, sitting down for a meal with your FAMILY, THREE MONTHS of summer vacation, etc., etc., etc.

Everyone should admit it, we are all grinning a little inside for what Jessica's teenage-ness has in store for Bengi & Tim! :) JUST KIDDING!

TravelinGranny said...

HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY JESSICA!

Time if flying by so fast. Jessica just think about the fact that you are 2/3 thru school. THAT WILL GO FAST! Enjoy EVER minute.

Bengi I know the mixed feelings that you are feeling. Such excitement and at the same time wanting to hold on to your children. BUT THEY GROW UP! The proudest you will ever be is when you get to watch your children raise their children. It is so awesome, it makes a woman's life complete!

LOVE Grandma Kathi