Monday, May 25, 2009

Camping Fun!

Sunday night we decided to head over to the pretty pond on the 50 acres and put the tent up and spend the night.


It was beautiful. No wind and a nice cool evening. Jake, Jessi and Jenni fished and Josh played his DS while laying on the cot in the tent. Different strokes for different folks. He said he had a great time.

We grilled hamburgers and hotdogs and build a fire in the fire pit for smores.



We enjoyed a beautiful night under the stars. There was a dog up the road that barked till late in the night and the bull frogs were active most of the night but I did enjoy the experience.

We got up this morning at 6:00 and Jake and I headed for the fishing poles. We caught four really nice catfish. But as quickly as they started biting they quit.



We broke down camp about 10:00 and headed home to clean fish.

2 comments:

TravelinGranny said...

Bengi, I loved the Geek pictures. I think that you are capturing some great pictures.

I tried to post on your blog again and I am doing something wrong.

chadandkimi said...

Hey, Bengi. It looks fun, and now I'm craving some s'mores. :)

We 'drove by' Sunday evening, but we were too exhausted and I think we both got a little over-heated at the park...and I had to stop to see Grandma & Grandpa...so we were ready to get back. Sorry we missed out.

Glad y'all had a great time!