Thursday, June 25, 2009

We Won! We Won! We Won!!


OH MY GOSH!!!!
We started the game in the field. The opposing team Kremlin, who had beaten us all year long by more than 10 points every time, scored 4 runs in the opening inning. We came out and scored one run. The second inning we held them to no runs. We came out and scored 7. The third inning we held them to no runs and we came out and scored five. So the score is 13 to 4 we are ahead. I tell the girls all you have to do is get 3 outs and we win. So what do they do..... They start bobbling the ball. We could not catch a break. Even their little girls that normally strike out were getting hits. Would you believe they caught back up to us and tied us at 13.
So we are up. We only need one run and we win! Kaitlyn gets a hit, then Jenni gets a hit, then Samantha gets a good hit but the umpire calls Kaitlyn back to third because they got the ball in the infield before she was past half way to home. (Yeah right) It could have been called either way so out comes Brianna. She had three really good foul tips but then struck out. Erika was up. She had two strikes and I'm thinking oh my Gosh we are going to go into another inning because the next batter is really inconsistent. The pitch goes out, Erika swings the bat, I hear the metal hitting the ball and Kaitlyn takes off running and WE WIN!!!!
The girls were all screaming, I was crying. It was the most exhilarating feeling ever. My team that I coached won our tournament!!!! These girls were so wonderful. It was a total blast!

3 comments:

chadandkimi said...

YEA!!! I'm so happy for you - that is sooo exciting. I loved the way you posted the play-by-play here, too. Tell Jenni CONGRATULATIONS! Great coaching, Bengi, CONGRATULATIONS to you, too! :)

TravelinGranny said...

YA!!!!

Kati said...

I am crying!!!! CONGRATS!