Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy April 15th!

Hopefully this means taxes slow down for Bengi, and it is the deadline for two big projects at work for me. So I am looking forward to getting my free time back & no more working way too late at home at night. WOO-HOO!

Simultaneously, we've had a couple other big things going on, in addition to my biggest daily project - creating life! :) Which is the source of my current dilemma & reason to post... As you may know, I am trying to fire my current Ob-Gyn; I like her & was happy with her care when she delivered Cade. However, since I switched to her because my regular doc had to close her practice due to her own new medical illness, I haven't been completely satisifed. This last visit was really the last straw, and I do not intend to return to her.

SO...I love Lakeside Women's Hospital but wasn't sure which other MD in my original doctor's group I should switch to. I found an MD at Mercy who several people have recommended; I have been in the process to get records to her for about 10 days now, but I hadn't yet heard she was willing to accept me & schedule an appointment. Meanwhile, this weekend, I got a very strong recommendation for an MD at Lakeside in my original doctor's group. So, with no news on the Mercy MD, I called this morning to see if THEY would accept me. (I kinda feel like that Dr. Seuss book, "Will YOU be my Mommy?") OF COURSE, just after leaving all my info there, the Mercy MD calls to schedule me. I guess the Lakeside MD may not accept me, so it may not be a dilemma at all, and I would be perfectly happy with this new MD (I assume) and delivering at Mercy. I just now feel torn...IF they do accept me, for very superficial reasons, I would prefer to deliver at Lakeside. Although I have great reasons to deliver at Mercy, too. For now, I'm scheduled to see the Mercy MD & waiting on the Lakeside MD; I'm just trying to anticipate what I'll do when they call me back & say she'll accept me. hmmm...what do I do???

On the important update...I am scheduled for my ultrasound for Wed 4/29 at 2:40...TWO WEEKS from today...ugh, it's torture waiting to know & see our baby again! :)

Thanks in advance for your advice & support through this frustrating process.

6 comments:

Bengi said...

Where would you be most comfortable delivering your baby. For me it is definitely a "familiar is better" scenario. I hate change! I even hate changing my toothbrush. It was very traumatic when the doctor who delivered Jessi and the boys no longer delivered babies when Jenni came along. I begged but alas insurance company wouldn't let him. I swithced to one of the only two docs in town and let me tell you the relief I felt when on my first visit with him he said "yeah I was the on call doctor when your boys were born, I helped deliver them." Yeah!!!! He had been there and I didn't even know it.

I would keep the first Mercy guy until they have accepted you and then if they accept you switch if that is where you are most comfortable. The most important factor is your comfort and trust.
Believe me I'm sure the other guy will be able to fill your place. There will always be women having babies!

TravelinGranny said...

This is a once or twice (maybe 3) times in your life. YOU have to be the one that is comfortable and have confidence in your doctor.

The whole atmosphere at Lakeside was terrific. I know that you were very comfortable there. I have heard many good things about Mercy. Jake just had his grandson there. The staff was great.

Both are close to home for you. I will check out the "Grandma" privileges and get back with you!

TravelinGranny said...

Jake said: There were NO grandparents restrictions! They can come and go as they please.

Bengi said...

Ok so did you check on aunt priveledges? That is pretty important too!

TravelinGranny said...

Jake said that they are very good about family and the rooms are LARGE, for the whole family!

Kati said...

Well I see that Bengi and Mom had made this easy for you! Lakeside!
I think that you need to go and tour Mercy and make sure family can be detained at front door (and ask if they will just put them in a room somewhere tell we are both done) : ) I am kidding but not about the tour. I think it will help you make your decision. Of course now that I have finally made it back to the post you probably have already made your decision.